Join our supportive, respectful, comfortable and collegial team at Aldinga Medical Centre where you matter.
The Aldinga Medical Centre has been practicing in and around the local area for over 40 years and we are searching for full time or part time VR GPs who are looking for a thriving workplace where you can have great work and family balance. Aldinga is a vibrant, diverse and affordable coastal area, only 40 mins from the CBD with plenty of opportunities to work, invest, learn, play and relax.
Are you what we are looking for?
Are you a newly Fellowed GP looking for a family-based practice to start building your own patient base?
Are you looking for a workplace to share your holistic care approach with patients whilst being supported by peers in a large practice?
Or maybe you are a GP, looking to be fully booked on your terms? You may be looking for a work environment that enhances and engages your special interest in medicine from our diverse patient demographic. And you may want to balance the satisfaction of a rewarding day as the “local GP” with actually having time to walk your dog along the silver sands of Sellicks?
Could you be looking for a new team of like-minded clinicians who are well established and collaborative – a place where teaching and learning are an integral part of everyday and where your contribution matters – where you can help to shape the next generation of registrars and medical students? Do you want to be part of a team where you can actually take a break? Where your patients’ care is continued, results and paperwork checked, enabling you to actually switch off and recharge.
If you have thought yes to any of these, then read on!
Where is Aldinga Beach? I hear you say…
Aldinga Beach is located on the Fleurieu Peninsula 40mins south of the Adelaide CBD and is known for some of the best beaches in South Australia. Close to the historic Port Willunga beach with its golden cliffs and old ruins of the Port Willunga Jetty. Silver Sands is a magical 6km stretch of sand between Aldinga and Sellicks Beach, known for its flat waters, perfect for beginners looking to boogie board, surf, stand up paddle board and swim. And add to that the luxury of driving on to the beach with your family for your picnic and day at the beach with all your needs at hand to enjoy the water as the tide allows.
Affordable beachside living…
Have you been thinking about getting away from it all and moving closer to the beach in an affordable area? In a market that is tighter than ever, is now is the time to grab that piece of land or home in the coastal corridor between the sea and the main road? Aldinga Beach and the surrounding areas have a large real estate market where setting up new beginnings options are abundant. You could invest and make your forever home in the buzzing beachside district, allowing you that short walk or drive to work. Check out the new housing estate developments that are projected to start here.
What about the kids or my partner – what can they experience?
Aldinga is home to a wide range of schooling options, with the Aldinga Payinthi College, birth to Year 12 super school due for completion in 2022, Cardjin College, R-7 Galilee campus, Southern Vales Christian College, R-12 campus and the well-established Aldinga Beach Primary School all central to the Aldinga community. Tatachilla Lutheran College, R-12 campus is just a short bus ride or drop off just out of McLaren Vale.
For those needing the night life or weekend long lunches visit the hip Old Aldinga township, or the Esplanade cafes and McLaren Vale wine region. Bakeries, specialist food, clothing outlets, wineries, distilleries, breweries, galleries, stunning scenery and winding roads to satisfy everyone’s appetite.
Not to mention the full range of local shopping available at Aldinga Central including Coles, BWS, Drakes supermarket, Neds, National Pharmacies, Blondies just to name a few.
Ok, you are starting to sound interested…
So, here is what you can expect when consulting at Aldinga Medical Centre?
- a nursing team willing to support patients and assist GPs with care plans, manage wound care and immunisations.
- a reception team who are cheerful, respectful, hardworking, competent to triage and assist with your patient needs.
- an administrative team who will support and guide you through the minutiae of bureaucracy so you can concentrate on your patients.
- a diverse and invested Practice Management team who have an open door policy and are looking to build with those who work with us.
- an informative website and HotDoc Online bookings available for patients.
- a mixed billing practice, servicing a diverse range of patients.
- a well-established practice in a fast-growing coastal suburb.
- an onsite pharmacy, pathology collection and a range of visiting allied health and specialists
- rewarding remuneration can be discussed on contact – you can create your own future.
- flexible sessions available with clinic consulting times ranging Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.15pm and Saturdays 8.30am – 4.15pm.
- investment opportunities to become a practice owner, if desired.
- large spacious consulting rooms with windows.
- regular doctor meetings to assist you and encourage quality improvement to establish patient satisfaction.
- great opportunity to establish your own patient base with a wide patient demographic.
We look forward to hearing from you if we can be of assistance with any questions you may have about being a part of the Aldinga Medical Centre.
Please contact Practice Manager, Linda Crawford on 8550 2000, to discuss your options and arrange a meeting to discuss your future with us.